ten natural crafts and what you need
I wrote a list of the nature craft essentials for some of our most favourite eco crafts. I’ve written them in order of likelihood that you have what you need already, though all are as easy and natural as possible. Click on the yellow heading to go the instructions for making each craft.
I have shared ideas from some fabulous nature craft accounts online. Where I’ve borrowed ideas I’ve linked to their website. Otherwise I’ve linked them to my own.
- Foraged treasures from outdoors – petals, flowers, leaves, berries
- Bowl/jar and smaller one
- Water and freezer
- Chunky sticks
- Screw eyes, if you have them
- Wildflower seeds, soil
- Natural dyes – red cabbage, blueberries, turmeric, spirulina, acai powder, spinach, beetroot…
- White cotton or linen
- Mix of flowers, peppers, red onion, turmeric, red cabbage, blueberries, grass….
Lanterns / wishing jars
- Jam jar
- Pressed flowers, leaves of all shapes and sizes
- PVA glue
- Cream of tartar
- Boiling water
- Salt (cheap is good!)
- Food colouring / natural dyes
- White flour
- Vegetable oil
- Natural ‘tools’
- Foraged treasures -flowers, sticks, leaves…
And the bonus one...journey sticks
I got to ten and realised I had left journey sticks off and I love it so much I had to add it in. So simple, so easy and so fun. You need sticks and string or a rubber band. Then collect treasures as you go for a walk. Stick them in your stick as you go, noticing all the lovely little bits you have collected as you walk. Maybe things you would have never noticed otherwise?